2 ReAction figures, a POP! keychain, and two POP! pins for $20. It was a heck of a deal but you certainly didn't know what you'd end up with. I opted to only buy one box last year and ended up with a Gold Superman that's still sitting around (if you want to trade for a Gold Batgirl, let me know!). I finally snagged this version of Babs from an online auction and removed her from her box briefly to snap a few pics and log my thoughts. I have the original Batgirl POP! from a few years back and, since she has become so rare,it was cool to see Funko rerelease the sculpt. Ready for a closer look? Then join me after the break...
Height: 3 3/4 inches
Articulation: Swivel head
Original retail price: These were only available through one of the GameStop exclusive Black
Friday Funko Mystery Boxes in 2015. For $20 you got two ReAction figures, an
exclusive POP!, a key chain, and two pins. POP!s themselves typically retail for around $10 dollars
* I really like the choice of going with white eyes hear. While it's a necessity given that Batgirl's cowl is black, it also gives her that comic book feeling. I know Batgirl is not typically portrayed with white eyes like Batman, but it totally works here.
* My biggest negative here with the paintwork. The black and yellow really bleed together here. Had their been a crisp separation between the bright yellow and the glossy black this would have looked stunning. As it is, though, the paintwork just feels a bit haphazard.
Smuggler's Bounty subscription, but Babs here is definitely not the most exciting POP! around. I don't know: There's just something very basic feeling about her. Maybe it's the paintwork? I find it odd that her outfit is so glossy while her cowl is rather dull. Maybe if the paint had been better I'd like her a bit more. Still, she's an interesting exclusive and a bit of a rarity, so I happily will add her to the collection. She popped right back into her box with no trouble, so I'll be displaying her packaged. Hopefully Funko will decide to release a new Batgirl sometime decked out in her trendy Burnside costume. As it stands, this one is kind of an Eh and a 1/2 POP!.
The only other DC POP! I've reviewed is
Harley Quinn #66 (Roller Derby Harley).
I've reviewed a ton of Batgirl stuff though, all of which is archived over in my virtual Batgirl museum!
- Action Figure Review Index
- Who is Barbecue17?
- My Toy Review Rating Scale!
- 31 Days of Toy Terror!
- Top 10 Lists and Other Stuff
- Podcasts on The Epic Review
- Oh the Horror!: Horror Movie Reviews!
- The Batgirl Library
- The Dark Knight Gallery
- Fabulous Secret Powers
- Snake Mountain!
- Beast Manor
- The Harley Quinndex
- The Joker's Funhouse
- Tosche Station
- The Kessel Run
- The Crystal Castle
- Teela: Warrior Goddess
- Trap Jaw's Tourist Trap