- Action Figure Review Index
- Who is Barbecue17?
- My Toy Review Rating Scale!
- 31 Days of Toy Terror!
- Other Reviews and Stuff
- Barbecue17's Trading Post!
- Podcasts on The Epic Review
- Oh the Horror!: Horror Movie Reviews!
- The Batgirl Library
- The Dark Knight Gallery
- Fabulous Secret Powers
- The Harley Quinndex
- The Joker's Funhouse
- Tosche Station
- A Tour of the DC Universe Podcast
Saturday, January 31, 2015
Action Figure Review: Professor from Legends of Cthulhu by Warpo
So far from Warpo's Legends of Cthulhu toyline I've covered the Cultist and his variant, the High Priest, and the Spawn of Cthulhu and his variant, Conjured Cthulhu. Today I'm looking at the hero of the toyline: The Professor, Cthulhu investigator. He's an archetypal adventuresome scholar from the early 20th century with his snazzy duds, dreamy mustache, and old school revolver who is ready to give the Cult of Cthulhu the what for. During the Kickstarter campaign one of the stretch goals was a variant of the Professor which was called the Author. It would have been a figure of H.P. Lovecraft himself but unfortunately the campaign didn't raise enough funds. Hopefully we'll see the Author in the future but for right now? Let's check out the Professor!
Height: 3 7/8ths inches
Articulation: Swivel hips, swivel shoulders, and a swivel neck.
Accessories: Revolver and Cthulhu idol.
* As I mentioned above, the Professor is a great archetype of the kind of adventuresome scholar that you'd expect to see on the cover of a pulp novel or an H.P. Lovecraft themed role playing game. He's a little Indiana Jones, a little Sherlock Holmes, and a little Clark Gable. The sculpt is rather nice. His features are simply yet well defined and his outfit is rather complex with a vest and tie underneath a longer coat. The details are quite nice on this figure and the paint is very crisp.
* While the articulation on the retro figures is what you'd expect (five points of articulation), the Professor's hips are rather limited making him unable to sit in any vehicles from retro based toylines. I was hoping to put him in a car or vehicle from the Indiana Jones toyline but he just doesn't want to sit like most other retro figures due to the sculpt of his jacket.
I've reviewed four other figures in this line so far:
The High Priest
Spawn of Cthulhu