Remember back in February and March of 2020 (before Covid) when Sonic had a Wacky Pack kids meal promotion for Netflix's She-Ra and the Princesses of Power? Now Netflix's He-Man and the Masters of the Universe has joined the party. The CGI animated Masters of the Universe cartoon has six exclusive items which can be found in the Wacky Pack kids meals at Sonic drive ins: Three articulated figures and three spoons. Today I'm going to kick things off with a look at He-Man. I always get a kick out of adding some unusual MOTU stuff like this to my collection and this is a pretty cool stylized He-Man figure. You might have to look for these for a bit as some Sonics may not have them in stock yet and some don't seem to want to see them without the purchase of a kids meal. Others sell them for between $1-$2 while the one I finally found them at just brought me a bag of them and asked that I tip the waitress. Score! Let's take a look at He-Man after the break...
Height: 3 7/8ths inches
Articulation: Swivel shoulders and a balljointed head.
Non-Scalper Price: $1-$2
* I really like the look of this figure. He's stylized for sure with a large head and a smaller body, kind of like your typical vinyl or Funko POP! figure. Since he's based on the Netflix He-Man design he's sporting an armored outfit that resembles the classic Battle Armor outfit with a "H" symbol that also looks like the Sword of Grayskull/ Power Sword from this series.
* I absolutely love the headsculpt on this. Well, the hair sculpt. The head is flat with the facial features printed on but it looks really good. It's a very crisp, clean design with a lot of character to it. The hair is glorious, though. It's a great sculpt that just looks fantastic. Almost 200x-ish.
* There's a little articulation here, but any amount is typically good for a fast food promo. His arms swivel, so he can battle, and the balljointed head does allow for a little movement and some wiggle room when posing him. He feels like a solid, sturdy little toy and is definitely more fun than most fast food promos.
* He-Man comes with the Sword of Grayskull, so that's a plus (that's what they call the Power Sword in the Netflix CGI show). It's a decent sculpt that fits in He-Man's right hand securely, so he really does functional like a traditional action figure.
* My only complaint is that his gauntlets aren't painted. I hate unpainted details like this, especially when they're on the character's skin.
I've reviewed so many versions of He-Man that he has his own review archive. Check out Fabulous Secret Powers for all of my He-Man reviews.