Height: 6 7/8ths inches
Accessories: 3 piece stand
Non-Scalper Price: $15 dollars
* Han Solo (Carbonite) comes packaged in an oversized vintage Kenner styled card. It looks great, even though the image of Han in carbonite is taken from Return of the Jedi. Yeah, it looks like Hasbro photoshopped an orange glow in the back to make it seem more like the Bespin freezing chamber, but it looks OK for packaging.
* Yeah, this is a solid plastic block with no articulation but, dang, doesn't it look amazing? This thing is perfect and looks like a miniature prop replica rather than a toy. The paintwork is excellent, giving the carbonite block an amazing appearance. Looking at it, you feel like this would be cold to the touch and heavy. It's an amazing piece for sure!
* When you get up close to the carbonite slab you can really see how fine of a job Hasbro did of capturing the likeness of the character/ prop. The pained expression, raised hands, and the unusual texture of the carbonite is excellent.
* The carbonite has 8 panels on the sides (4 on each side) and they're all present, accounted for, and highly detailed. This is definitely a step above the previous Han Solo in carbonite figures I've owned.
* Yeah, this is just a block of plastic. An iconic block of plastic, sure, but a block of plastic nonetheless. Fortunately, Hasbro actually gave Han a really nice translucent stand that plugs into the back and bottom of the stand, allowing you to keep him standing upright on your shelf. It works very well and definitely makes this feel like you're getting more for your money.
* There is a third piece of the stand that can attach to the bottom, allowing you to pose the carbonite block as if it is hovering like when Boba Fett had it delivered to his ship on Cloud City. You can place the stand on either side of the figure, giving you an option if you're making a diorama.
I've reviewed so many Han Solo action figures that he gets his own review archive! Check out The Kessel Run for all of the Han Solo reviews you could ever want!
For more figures from Hasbro's Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back 40th Anniversary Collection check out the following:
Luke Skywalker (Bespin)
Luke Skywalker (Snowspeeder)
Rebel Soldier (Hoth)
This was a brilliant way to rerelease a great figure. Glad they did it.ReplyDelete