Height: 4 inches
Non-Scalper Price: $15 dollars
* The first series of TMNT Eekeez had square boxes while the second series has these semi-circular boxes with a viewing window and some cool imagery of Master Splinter on the sides.
* Dang. I am absolutely nuts about these Eekeez figures! The style just really, really works well for the TMNT. I'm not sure every property would work in this style (though the DC Comics Joker is amazing) but I think the classic TMNT designs really suit the aesthetic. I'd love to see how Masters of the Universe fares in this style, too.
* Splinter's face sculpt is awesome. Eekeez are cast in resin but sculpted and painted to resemble wood carvings. Man, does Splinter just fit really well with this style or what? The sculpted whiskers, the detail around the eyes, and the texture on the face are just fantastic.
* The back of the figure shows off more of the awesome detail that covers every inch of the figure. Seriously, people viewing your collection really are going to have to pick this up and hold it before they'll believe that is isn't wood. These are really well crafted.
* Whether you prefer splinter as the mutated Hamato Yoshi, the pet rat of Hamato Yoshi, or the reincarnated spirit of Hamato Yoshi in the vessel of a lab rat, you'll definitely dig the detail on this figure, particularly the ripped up ends of the ears. This is just such a cool little detail!
* The pose is excellent, featuring Master Splinter calmly holding his walking stick. The detail work on his kimono is beautiful with a great detailed pattern running along the bottom hem.
purchasing from FOCO directly.
If you're a fan of Master Splinter, check out the Dojo Splinter figure from the 2012 TMNT line.
For more Eekeez: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles reviews, check out the following:
The subject of this review was provided to me free of charge by FOCO.