Height: 3 3/4ths inches
Articulation: Swivel head
Non-Scalper Price: $25 dollars
* On the left is the Glow-in-the-dark Skeletor from this set, now labeled as POP! Television #1000 while the previous Battle Armor Skeletor #563 is on the right. These look to be the same body sculpt but the heads do seem slightly different. It might just be the paint but I really think think there are some subtle differences on the hood and brow. The Skeletor #1000 also has lighter colors and, of course, glow-in-the-dark paint on the face.
* Here's a quick shot of the box so you know what you're looking for. The box kind of reminds me of a cereal box (it's shaped a bit differently) with colorful, splashy logos and the illustration of Skeletor atop Panthor that is on the t-shirt. Isn't Panthor just adorable?
* And here's a shot of the Skeletor POP!. While it comes in the larger box, bundled with the t-shirt, it's pretty cool that it comes in its own box, too. It's interesting that he's numbered #1000 instead of #563 like the previous versions of this sculpt.
* While my guess is that most people buying these want the POP! vinyl, it's clear that Funko sees the t-shirt as the main selling point of the set. It's a pretty cool t-shirt. The shirt itself is a very dark blue and, of course, Skeletor is emblazoned across the front. I love the POP! Panthor! I assume we'll see him at some point in the future. Even cool is the text "Possess All or Possess Nothing" which is from one of Skeletor's most memorable lines from the 1987 film. I believe the shirt comes in both Large and X-Large though the ones I found were only in X-Large. It's probably going to be a bit big on me but maybe it'll shrink some in the wash.
* The headsculpt is excellent. Looking closely I do think it's the same sculpt as the previous Battle Armor Skeletor but the paintwork is so different. I love how neat and clean the dark lines on his face and his teeth are. They look really sharp! The red eyes are an excellent touch, too, as they're quite menacing. The yellow paint is glow-in-the-dark paint but it matches perfectly with everything else.
* Skeletor's Battle Armor is quite detailed and it shows off the bat wing design in the middle of his chest plate. No damage here yet!
* It's not the strongest glow but Skeletor's face does have an eerie glow about it once you've charged it up a bit. It does look pretty cool and makes this tiny POP! far more terrifying than you'd expect!
He-Man POP! Tees set. The Skeletor t-shirt may only be a bit cooler than the He-Man shirt but the Skeletor POP! vinyl is way nicer than He-Man. Skeletor looks fantastic here with brighter colors, an excellent headsculpt with fantastic paintwork, and a rather spooky glow-in-the-dark effect. If you're just picking up one of these sets, this is the one I'd recommend. Funko seems to have taken a renewed interest in the Masters of the Universe brand for 2020, so at least we're getting that out of the year.
I've reviewed so many toys based on Skeletor/ Keldor that I've given him his own review archive. Check out Snake Mountain for a plethora of Skeletor reviews!
For more reviews of POP! Tees: Masters of the Universe releases check out the following:
Post a Comment
What'chu talkin' 'bout?