- Action Figure Review Index
- Who is Barbecue17?
- My Toy Review Rating Scale!
- 31 Days of Toy Terror!
- Top 10 Lists and Other Stuff
- Podcasts on The Epic Review
- Oh the Horror!: Horror Movie Reviews!
- The Batgirl Library
- The Dark Knight Gallery
- Fabulous Secret Powers
- Snake Mountain!
- Beast Manor
- The Harley Quinndex
- The Joker's Funhouse
- Tosche Station
- The Kessel Run
- The Crystal Castle
- Teela: Warrior Goddess
- Trap Jaw's Tourist Trap
- Cringer's Crib
Sunday, January 1, 2017
Christmas Haul 2016: Ventriloqust & Scarface from Batman: The Animated Series by DC Collectibles
Height: 5 1/2 inches
Articulation: Swivel ankles, hinged knees, H-hinged hips, swivel waist, swivel/hinge shoulders, swivel/hinge elbows, swivel/hinge wrists, and a balljointed neck.
Accessories: 6 interchangeable hands, a machine gun, and a three piece display stand.
Height: 2 1/2 inches
Articulation: Swivel hips, swivel/hinge shoulders, swivel right wrist, and a swivel neck.
Sculpted by: Irene Matar
Non-Scalper Price: $24-$28 dollars
* I love the headsculpt. Again, DC Collectibles' Irene Matar just nails a character likeness. The glasses are a separate piece permanently attached to the head, and they beautifully capture the oversized, bottle lensed look of Arnold Wesker's spectacles.
* The sculpt and paintwork on Arnold Wesker is incredible. The animated appearance of the character is captured perfectly here and the proportions look wonderful. Everything is neat and clean, fitting the style of the line.
* Arnold comes with three sets of interchangeable hands: two fists, two grips, and two open palms. They swap out pretty easily and feel sturdy enough. Scarface himself is actually another "hand" for the Ventriloquist, but I'll get to that in a moment.
* Like every other figure in this series, the Ventriloquist comes with a display stand. It works fairly well for him and features some nice line art of the character at the bottom, along with the Batman: The Animated Series logo. I like the uniformity of these.
* The little tommy gun styled machine gun can either be wielded by Wesker or Scarface. It's a great little gun with a very specific style befitting the cartoon series' dark deco art style.
* The Ventriloquist's articulation is a bit different than most other figures in the line. This isn't much of a problem, as I don't expect this guy to need to be doing martial arts or anything, but his legs are definitely really restricted by his coat. Of course, that's not too much of an issue. He feels very sturdy and solid, more so than many other figures in the line.
* I'm really not sure why, but DC Collectibles makes the clasp on the stands for these figures stand out a couple of inches behind the post. What this does, unfortunately, it make displaying these even harder. They're either poking the back of the shelf or other figures standing behind the one using the stand. They really need to shorten these.
I haven't reviewed any other figures of the Ventriloquist or Scarface on here but I have reviewed a few other Batman: The Animated Series figures from DC Collectibles, including:
Batman: The Animated Series
The New Batman Adventures